5 Reasons Scanning is a Must!
Problem:With thousands of sku’s very close in size and other attributes, picking and shipping the wrong thing is very common- and customers are not very happy when they receive units that are different from what they actually ordered; not to mention the waste associated with now needing to expedite the correct unit(s) to them.
Answer: Scanning of course! In the pick/ship process the pick slip is scanned and then each 2D box label bar-code is scanned, verifying all items about to be picked against line items and quantities associated with that pick slip.
- Removal of the human “visual only” method,
- Accurate verification of all items shipping to customers,
- An automated shipping function reducing paperwork flowing back up the shipping office for manual shipment / inventory transaction posting,
- Significant reduction in time consuming and costly RMA’s (return material authorizations),
But most of all,
- Happy customers receiving the correct items and quantities on their orders.